Recently I noticed the Christian scholar Johathan Kleck coming to the defense of lead singer Bono (Paul David Hewson) from the super popular band U2. Jonathan has been highlighting intriguing findings in U2 music videos and interviews. He is pointing out evidence that this music artist is essentially a Born Again Christian. Jonathan has gone so far as to say Bono knows what he knows. That is a strong testimony considering he delivers some of the deepest Christian knowledge found on the internet in my opinion.
This got me thinking about my first few weeks as a Born Again Christian. It wasn’t all that long ago. During this time I was praying for many celebrities actually. I just felt they needed it. I was frustrated more of them do not know scripture. I have a testimony to share about this. I have never shared this with anyone. I share it with you now. Two words. Britney Spears.
At the time I was praying that Britney Spears would quote scripture. A random simple prayer but very direct. A few days later this happened …
Britney Spears quoted scripture.
Needless to say I thought this was the coolest thing ever. Somewhere along the way I stopped praying for dear Britney. Recent content shared by Jonathan sparked a reminder to pray for celebrities. Then I got to thinking. What if I adopted one celebrity to pray for daily? Wait. I have a better idea. What if we all adopted a celebrity to pray for daily?
A movement is born.
I present to you a brand new movement. The goal? To turn celebrities into smarter Christians. Is Hollywood too wicked for you? Finally you can take action.
I hereby create the #SaveACelebrity campaign. Herein defined are the rules …
1) You pick a celebrity to sponsor. Pick one. The beauty of this campaign is multiple people are going to be praying for the same celebrity with laser sharp focus. This is going to get results.
2) Pray for your sponsored celebrity daily to essentially learn scripture better. We can all learn scripture better. This prayer is ideal.
3) There is no end date to this campaign. It doesn’t end. It takes 5 seconds a day. Keep at it.
4) Use the #SaveACelebrity tag to help spread the word. Mention it on social media. Create content on YouTube, your blog, your Facebook, Twitter, etc. Make sure you read rule #5 though.
5) This rule is important. Any content you create concerning this movement is to be polite and kind and very respectful. Expect fierce resistance. Expect “I don’t need to get saved” etc. You should know based on your choice of celebrity to sponsor the truth about this.
You don’t convert Hollywood without a challenge. However from you there is no need for drama. Just keep praying with laser focus for your sponsored famous person daily. That is the only action required.
6) How to read the Bible? I suggest starting with the New Testament of the King James Version. Start with Matthew Mark Luke and John and Acts. Then I suggest the prophets in the Old Testament. Isaiah Jeremiah Ezekiel and Daniel should be next. Then I prefer alternating between Old Testament and New Testament (Genesis then Romans then Exodus then 1 Corinthians for example). There are other ways. If you don’t like my method find one that works for you 😀
7) Pro tip. You can buy an audio CD version of the Bible on eBay for like $10. Simply search for “king james version audio bible”. I also suggest downloading the free software called e-sword to look up the true meanings of the words in the Bible. This way you can see the origin of the word in Hebrew which often you are not told about.
8) In one sentence I want to see more celebrities and influencers know scripture.
A little more on why I feel this campaign is necessary. Did you participate in the Book It Program as a child? Essentially the Book It Program has kids read books. Then kids write book reports. Then you could turn in the book reports to get a free personal pizza from Pizza Hut as I remember it. Something like this.
Who else used to read the first page, the middle page, and the last page and then try to do a book report? Of course this didn’t work! You have to read and understand the whole book to do a book report.
In essence too many people are reading the first page, the middle page, and the last page. There are 783,137 words in the King James Version Bible! We have famous people who think they know what the book says without reading it. And then passionately commenting on it falsely to many fans. This has got to change people.
If I needed confirmation to post this article I just got it. I like the tv show Fixer Upper. A Fixer Upper episode just came on featuring Tim Tebow. Pretty much the first person you might think of if someone asked “hey which celebrity would you say knows scripture”? That is confirmation enough for me to post this. I am far from the most popular website on the internet. But you are here and you have read this. So I hope you participate! Time’s Up indeed.
Last thing. Hey Britney. I got you babe.